An interesting twist to classic chicken nuggets!
Who does not love to bite into succulent, juicy nuggets of crispy fried chicken – no one I know of. This recipe is also proof of my obsession with the peri-peri sauce range by Nando’s. I discovered this product after shifting to Oz land and yes, like I said, it has become an obsession. In fact, it has firmly replaced ‘the Tabasco’ in my pantry.
If you cannot lay your hands on Nando’s sauces, then a good alternative would be Tabasco or even hot paprika powder. Instead of the classic batter or breadcrumb mixture, I decided to use coarse semolina (rava) which is a staple especially in the Indian households.
Ah! The delight of biting through the crunch into the spicy, juiciness of fried chicken.
Peri Peri Chicken Nuggets
- Lean chicken breast boneless – 300 gm, cut into small pieces
- Nando’s medium peri-peri sauce – 3-4 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Semolina coarse rava – enough to coat the chicken pieces
- Vegetable oil – 4-5 tbsp for shallow frying
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and add the peri-peri sauce and soy sauce. Rub well into the chicken pieces to form a wet coating.
- •Season with salt and pepper. (Remember that both the sauces contain salt, so taste before adding more)
- •Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the marinade work its magic.
- •Coat the chicken pieces well in semolina and shallow fry on a tava.