We lead such crazy, fast paced and busy schedules during the weekdays which have made online food delivery services much more important than the dine-in restaurants. Not too long ago, I was cribbing about the lack of such delivery services in Australia; but that was because I was ignorant of Menulog.
So, what is Menulog?
It is an online take-away and food delivery service operating across Australia. The website features 4200+ restaurants, extensive specials and deals along with 100,000+ restaurant reviews to enable you make the best choice when it comes to takeaway food.
Ever since I heard of Menulog, I have been thinking of putting it to the test. So, I got very excited when I was approached by Menulog to try out their service. I was provided with a voucher to order a meal of our choice which would be home-delivered from any of the local restaurants in my area, participating in the Menulog online community.
There were two things that stood out immediately while going through the Menulog website. The first was that it was an extremely simple and easy to use site which is very important for me. I thoroughly dislike websites which have confusing layouts and information but Menulog is extremely simple to use and navigate.
The second was that I was spoilt for choice when it came to the number of restaurants I could choose from in my suburb. To find out the restaurants in my local area, all that I had to do was enter in my post code on the Menulog site. There were so many cuisines to choose from and it did take me and my family some time to reach a conclusion, which is a process that we actually enjoyed!
I live in Dandenong and was pleasantly surprised to see that there were close to 20 restaurants on the Menulog community in my local area; here are the options I had. Finally, we agreed to order from the Pakwan Indian Restaurant as it had quite a high rating and some great reviews.
Pakwan has an extensive menu with some of my family’s favourites but we decided to go for dishes that we usually do not make at home. Along with a selection of flat breads, saffron rice and condiments, we also got the Lamb chops and Chicken Chataniwala.
I am usually a little disappointed when it comes to the quality of Indian food in Australia. There are some great restaurants but most often, you find tasteless curries being sold in the name of Indian food. But Pakwan was a totally different and exciting experience.
All the dishes were very delicious; I couldn’t find a fault with any. I would totally suggest this place to everybody, including those who want to try Indian cuisine for the first time. The flavours are perfect without being extra spicy or fiery.
The whole process of ordering through Menulog was an extremely positive experience. In a gist;
• Visit the Menulog site.
• Enter in your post code and choose your suburb.
• Scroll through the list of restaurants in your local area that are part of the Menulog community.
• Make a selection of the place you want to order from. To make this task easier, against each restaurant, you can also find information regarding the cuisine type, speed of service, discounts and promotions, minimum purchase amount, ratings and reviews.
• Choose from the menu; additional options like spice levels, food allergies etc… can also be selected through the various pop-ups when you select a dish.
• Decide the time when you would like the order delivered. You can even order a few days in advance or opt for collecting the meal in-person instead of home delivery.
• A safe and secure checkout and pay.
• SMS confirmation with order details and time of delivery.
• Get ready to enjoy your meal!
And now let’s head to the giveaway!
Menulog has very generously offered a $75 voucher to giveaway to one lucky subscriber of The Spice Adventuress, to be redeemed for a special Menulog dining experience.
To be in the running for the giveaway, you need to do the following;
(And if you have already done the above two, just drop me a comment below, so that I can record your participation.)
• Leave a comment below stating which cuisine you would like to order if you win the $75 Menulog voucher.
Terms and Conditions:
• Entry is open to only Australian residents.
• The giveaway will run for one week and the winner will be chosen on 12th November, 2014
• The winner will be notified via email and given 48 hours to respond. If no response, a new winner will be chosen.
• The winner’s details will be forwarded to Menulog and the voucher code will be emailed to the winner as supplied by Menulog.
• Judge’s decision will be final.
Good luck! And be generous; invite your friends over too for the giveaway.
This giveaway is now closed and the winner is Shruti J.