Chukka or sukka usually refers to a South Indian meat dish (mostly mutton but these days, you can find all kinds of meat being used) that is prepared using a myriad of spices and aromatics. The meat is cooked on low fire so that the spices get to do its work. A spicy, flavoursome preparation where the meat is juicy and succulent with the aroma of the spices wafting through……
Recipe Courtesy, from this site.
1. Chicken (boneless) – 500 gms
2. Red onion – 1, finely chopped
3. Cinnamon bark – ½ inch
4. Cloves – 2
5. Fennel/perinjeera seeds – 1 tsp
6. Curry leaves – a big handful
7. Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
8. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
9. Coriander powder – 2 tsp
10. Ginger paste – ½ tsp
11. Garlic paste – ½ tsp
12. Salt – to season
13. Oil – 5 tbsp
• Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste for upto 1 hour or longer.
• Dry roast cinnamon, cloves and fennel; grind to fine powder.
• Heat oil in a kadai/pan and sauté onions till translucent.
• Add all the spices and curry leaves, sauté for a minute on low heat.
• Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook on low fire, occasionally stirring, till the meat becomes juicy and succulent.
Is chicken your favourite protein? Then click here for a delish spread of chicken dishes from around the world…..
Tagged: Chicken, chicken chukka, chicken chukka varuval, chicken recipes, chicken sukka, chicken sukka varuval, chicken varuval, Chili powder, Cinnamon, indian chicken recipes, indian recipes, Marination, Meat, South India, south indian chicken recipes, south indian recipes, Spice