A comfort dish is what this one is….easy and simple to prepare especially if you stock up on white sauce. Just throw in some grilled sausages, stir in the pasta and you have a filling delicious meal in no time.
When I started blogging, a big advice I received from many is that I need to connect with my followers through my writing and not just my recipes. But my problem is that I really don’t want to fill up the pages with my life but I would rather write about the dish or food in general. And I want to connect with all here through food and nothing else. But I am interested to know what you guys think – do you like what you see here or is there something I need to change big time? Love to hear your comments….
1. Spaghetti – ½ packet
2. Chicken sausages – 4, grilled and cut into small pieces
3. White sauce:
• Maida/flour – 1 tbsp
• Butter – 1 tbsp
• Milk – 1 cup
• Red onion – ½, finely chopped
• Green bell pepper – ½, finely chopped
• Oregano – to season
• Salt – to season
• Black pepper powder – to season
4. Parmesan cheese – grated, for garnish
To make the white sauce:
• In a large pot, add butter and flour on low heat. Mix well and sauté for a minute to remove the raw taste.
• Add milk and stir on low flame. Add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Continue to stir on low flame till a creamy consistency is attained. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Remove from flame and keep aside.
To complete the dish:
• Grill the sausages and cut into small pieces. Add to the white sauce and mix through.
• Cook the pasta in salted boiling water. When the pasta is almost cooked, put the white sauce back on the heat.
• Once the pasta has cooked, transfer it directly to the white sauce using a straining spoon rather than drain away the liquid. This extra bit of liquid helps the white sauce to loosen up and coat the pasta well.
• Mix the pasta through and serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.