A favourite with kids….the flavours of the three ingredients work so beautifully together that this combination has become a classic. This one hardly needs any intro, so let’s get cooking….
1. Eggs – 2
2. Cheese – 1 slice or ½ cup shredded
3. Tomato – 1 small, chopped finely
4. Salt – to taste
5. Pepper – to taste
6. Dried herbs – ¼ tsp
7. Bread – any kind, 2 slices
8. Olive oil
9. Tomato sauce/Tabasco sauce – depending on how hot you like it
• In a bowl, beat the eggs along with chopped tomatoes and cheese pieces.
• Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs
• Beat well to get a fluffy and soft omelette.
• Heat olive oil in a pan and when hot, pour the egg mixture.
• Bring down the heat to medium; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes so that the egg mixture can rise.
• Do not overcook the omelette.
• Turn over the omelette to cook on the other side for a second or two and no more. This step is optional.
• Turn off the heat and cut the omelette into slices.
• Place between the bread slices and pour tomato or Tabasco sauce as to your liking.
Tagged: cheese, cheese egg tomato sandwich, cheese omelette, cheese sandwich, egg, egg recipes, egg sandwich, egg tomato, egg tomato sandwich, Omelette, omelette recipes, Sandwiches, Tomato, tomato recipes