A favourite with kids….the flavours of the three ingredients work so beautifully together that this combination has become a classic. This one hardly needs any intro, so let’s get cooking….
Cheese Tomato Omelette Sandwich
- Eggs – 2
- Cheese – 1 slice or ½ cup shredded
- Tomato – 1 small chopped finely
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Dried herbs – ¼ tsp
- Bread – any kind 2 slices
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce/Tabasco sauce – depending on how hot you like it
- In a bowl, beat the eggs along with chopped tomatoes and cheese pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried herbs
- Beat well to get a fluffy and soft omelette.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and when hot, pour the egg mixture.
- Bring down the heat to medium; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes so that the egg mixture can rise.
- Do not overcook the omelette.
- Turn over the omelette to cook on the other side for a second or two and no more. This step is optional.
- Turn off the heat and cut the omelette into slices.
- Place between the bread slices and pour tomato or Tabasco sauce as to your liking.