A slight tweak to the regular omelette and it makes a world of difference! A simple brekkie idea for those rushed mornings….
I would love to hear from all of you about how you plan your meals especially lunch. Do you make fresh food each day for your family’s lunch-box or rely on the innumerable processed options lining our supermarket shelves. Let me know your thoughts…
And here’s the recipe for the simple, nutritious and yummylicious chicken omelette;
1. English muffin – 1, halved
2. Egg – 1, beaten well
3. Lean chicken breast – cut into small pieces
4. Red onion – ½, chopped finely
5. Cucumber – cut into slices
6. Salt – to taste
7. Pepper – to taste
8. Tomato sauce
• Heat oil in a pan. Saute chopped onions along with chicken pieces till cooked.
• Season with salt and pepper. Add a dash of tomato sauce and mix well.
• Beat the egg well and pour over this mixture. Cook like a regular omelette flipping over if necessary.
• To assemble the sandwich, place sliced cucumber on one half of the muffin, followed by the chicken omelette, a dash of tomato sauce and mayonnaise to complete.
Tagged: breakfast, breakfast ideas, breakfast recipes, Chicken, chicken omelette, chicken omelette sandwich, chicken recipes, chicken sandwich, egg, egg chicken sandwich, egg recipes, egg sandwich, Mayonnaise, Omelette, Sandwiches, Tomato sauce