If you have been following my blog, you would have seen the series of lunch box recipes that are simple and easy to prepare in the morning. Another one I came up with is to chop up some salami pieces and add it to eggs; beat up well for a fluffy salami omelette. Complete the sandwich with veggies of your choice.
1. Eggs – 2, beaten well (the more you beat, the fluffier it gets)
2. Salami – 3-4 slices, chopped roughly
3. Oregano – a pinch
4. Salt – to season
5. White pepper – to season
For the sandwich:
1. Red onion – cut into rings
2. Tomato – cut into round slices
3. Cheese slice – 1
4. Lettuce – shredded
5. Burger bun – halved
6. Tomato chilli sauce
• Beat eggs in a bowl, add the salami pieces and season with the herbs and spices.
• Heat oil in a pan and add the mixture. Place on high heat for 2 minutes and then cook on low flame covered for another 2-3 minutes. This makes the omelette fluffy and light.
• To assemble the sandwich, halve the bun, arrange the vegetables, place the cheese slice and then place the omelette cut into small pieces. Add a dash of tomato chilli sauce to finish.