If you have been following my blog, you would have seen the series of lunch box recipes that are simple and easy to prepare in the morning. Another one I came up with is to chop up some salami pieces and add it to eggs; beat up well for a fluffy salami omelette. Complete the sandwich with veggies of your choice.
Egg Salami Sandwich
- Eggs – 2 beaten well (the more you beat, the fluffier it gets)
- Salami – 3-4 slices chopped roughly
- Oregano – a pinch
- Salt – to season
- White pepper – to season
- For the sandwich:
- Red onion – cut into rings
- Tomato – cut into round slices
- Cheese slice – 1
- Lettuce – shredded
- Burger bun – halved
- Tomato chilli sauce
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add the salami pieces and season with the herbs and spices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mixture. Place on high heat for 2 minutes and then cook on low flame covered for another 2-3 minutes. This makes the omelette fluffy and light.
- To assemble the sandwich, halve the bun, arrange the vegetables, place the cheese slice and then place the omelette cut into small pieces. Add a dash of tomato chilli sauce to finish.
Leave a Reply