When in doubt, cook potatoes! Every time, I am confused as to what to cook or want a simple accompaniment for a typical Indian meal, I always end up using potatoes. These tubers are so versatile and there are a million ways that you could cook it.
The same can be said for this spicy lebanese potato dish. I could use the same seasoning and make some amazing wedges or make it as the perfect accompaniment to the very humble thayir sadam (curd rice)!
Recipe Courtesy – SBS Food
1. Desiree potatoes (any type can be used) – 500 gms, cubed
2. Olive oil – 2 tbsp
3. salt – to season
4. Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
5. Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
6. Coriander leaves – ¼ cup, finely chopped
7. lemon juice – 1 tbsp
8. cayenne pepper – 1 tsp
• Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
• In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and salt. Divide potatoes among 2 baking paper-lined oven trays. Transfer the trays to the oven and roast for 40 minutes, turning once, until golden.
• Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic starts to change colour. Add the lemon juice and the hot potatoes to the pan and toss lightly to coat. Season to taste and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper.
• Serve hot