The peri-peri sauce from Nando’s is a very versatile sauce/marinade which I have put to use in my daily cooking in plenty of different ways. Here, I marinated lean chicken breast pieces using the hot peri-peri sauce for this indulgent subway.
Submarine sandwiches or ‘subways’ as they are commonly referred to these days are a great way to make my son eat veggies. A great and filling meal at any time of the day….
Peri-peri Chicken Subway
- . Lean chicken breast – cut into small pieces
- Nando’s hot peri-peri sauce – no fixed quantity add to marinate the chicken pieces keeping the heat factor in mind
- Mixed salad leaves
- Red onion – 1 small sliced finely
- Home made cole slaw – 2-3 tbsp
- White pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Honey mustard – a drizzle
- Turkish multigrain loaf
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the peri-peri sauce and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shallow fry the chicken pieces till golden brown on either side. Keep aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, half the bread and layer with salad leaves, coleslaw and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a drizzle of honey mustard.
- Place the chicken pieces on top.
- Enjoy your subway!!