Bruschetta is a common antipasto dish from Italy made traditionally using onion, tomato, olive oil and seasonings. I wanted to create something different and went for this combo…the butteriness of the avocado with the spicy, smoked flavor of sundried tomatoes really went well.
Bruschetta with Avocado, Sundried tomatoes, Parmesan
- . Baguette or similar French or Italian bread – sliced into oval shaped pieces
- Avocado – 2 mashed well
- Sundried tomatoes – few strips chopped roughly
- Lemon – juice of half a lime
- Parmesan cheese – for topping
- Salt – to season
- Black pepper – to season
- Olive oil
- Mash the avocados well with the lemon juice.
- Spread this mixture on the baguette slices.
- Top with sundried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake at 200°C till the mild golden brown.
Leave a Reply