These Cajun Spiced Sausages are a delightful treat that’s super simple to make. Grilled sausages tossed through a flavourful Cajun seasoning makes an excellent snack or starter; enjoyable for the young and old alike.
Sausages have always been a family favourite! We love it in all forms – grilled, fried, curried; you name it. During my childhood, the most common way I enjoyed these were as a sausage curry which we used to have with kubbuiz (Arabic bread) or chappathis (Indian flat bread). Or my mum used to shallow fry the sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces and then hand it over to me and my siblings with loads of tomato ketchup. And a fight always ensued as to who gets the last piece.
What I like best about sausages is the fact that these are so versatile and can be enjoyed in several different ways. Though my favourite remains the grilled hot dog, I try and experiment with the different types of sausages that I get here (the variety here overwhelms me each time) and come up with something new each time.
In today’s recipe, I have grilled the sausages and cut it up into bite sized pieces. The sausages were then tossed with Cajun seasoning, a bit of olive oil and chopped coriander leaves. Cajun spiced sausages make a great starter especially with a glass of wine.
Looking for more interesting recipes to try with sausages? Here are a few of my favourites….
- Spanish style Sausage and Potato Bake
- Fettuccine Carbonara with Sausage Meatballs
- Spaghetti with Sausages in White Sauce
Cajun spiced Sausages
- 8 skinless sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning available at most supermarkets
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves; finely chopped
- Salt; to season
- Lemon wedges; to serve
- Grill the sausages on a barbecue or stove top grill (or shallow fry if you do not have a grill).
- Remove from heat and cut into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add Cajun seasoning, olive oil and fresh coriander leaves.
- Toss well, taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve with lemon wedges.