I consider ‘leftover rice’ to be a boon as it means I can dish out a simple yet interesting rice dish the next day, team it up with a raita and dinner’s ready. Strictly for days when you are too tired to even think of cooking yet do not want another take-away.
This one is more like a rice stir-fry; broccoli florets and brown mushrooms sautéed on high heat with a dash of soy sauce. The choice of vegetables is entirely individualistic; use the idea and create your own rice stir-fry with what’s available in your refrigerator.
Broccoli Mushroom Rice
- Rice any variety; I used leftover rice but you could make it from scratch – 2 cups
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup blanched/steamed
- Brown mushrooms – 1 cup diced
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp grated
- Salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté the mushrooms for a minute on high heat.
- Add broccoli, grated ginger, soy sauce and tomato chilli sauce and sauté for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper; add rice and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Serve hot.