A simple Italian dish, Insalata Caprese (tomato mozzarella salad) is commonly served as an antipasto. But for me, this took the place of a simple salad which can be made in a jiffy.
It is important to have the freshest produce for this one since there are just two main ingredients – tomato and mozzarella. Pick up fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and good quality mozzarella to make this salad. A dash of salt and pepper and a good drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil completes this beautiful salad.
- Vine-ripened tomatoes – 3 cubed
- Mozzarella – 250 gm cubed
- Fresh basil – 5
- Salt – to season
- Black pepper – to season
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Add cubed tomatoes, basil and mozzarella to a salad bowl.
- In a small jar, mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper just before serving.
Use any type of tomatoes as long as it is fresh, ripe and sweet
I lived on this on my Italian vacation! And on Panini
wow. have to try Panini next. Which part of the world do u live in?