A simple Italian dish, Insalata Caprese (tomato mozzarella salad) is commonly served as an antipasto. But for me, this took the place of a simple salad which can be made in a jiffy.
It is important to have the freshest produce for this one since there are just two main ingredients – tomato and mozzarella. Pick up fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and good quality mozzarella to make this salad. A dash of salt and pepper and a good drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil completes this beautiful salad.
1. Vine-ripened tomatoes – 3, cubed
2. Mozzarella – 250 gm, cubed
3. Fresh basil – 5
4. Salt – to season
5. Black pepper – to season
6. Balsamic vinegar – 1 tsp
7. Olive oil – 1 tsp
Note – Use any type of tomatoes as long as it is fresh, ripe and sweet
• Add cubed tomatoes, basil and mozzarella to a salad bowl.
• In a small jar, mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
• Season with salt and pepper just before serving.
Tagged: antipasto, Balsamic vinegar, healthy salads, Insalata Caprese, italian recipes, italian salad, mozzarella, mozzarella salad, Olive oil, Salad, Tomato, tomato mozzarella, tomato mozzarella salad, tomato salad