If you have been following my blog, you would have read about my obsession with the Nando’s peri-peri sauces – the entire range. The first time I ate at Nando’s, I picked up a brochure at the counter which contained a few recipes using their sauces. This one is from the brochure but I tweaked it slightly though.
A very simple recipe with very few ingredients! The soft richness of the butter cuts through the sharp spiciness of the peri-peri sauce.
- Large king prawns – 500 gm peeled and de-veined
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves crushed
- Nando’s hot peri-peri sauce
- Lemon – 1-2
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Heat butter in a pan on low heat so that it does not burn.
- Add the crushed garlic and sauté for a minute and then add kashmiri chilli powder.
- Add the prawns, turn the heat up and cook till it turns a coral shade.
- Add Nando’s hot peri-peri sauce; add enough sauce to coat the prawns but also depending on how hot you like the dish.
- Turn the heat down and cook for a minute.
- Squeeze lemon juice, stir well and remove from heat.