Freshly Baked Almond Rings – Guest Post from La Petite Paniere

Time’s flying, ain’t it! This month, the guest blogger I would like to introduce is Linda who blogs at La Petite Paniere. Like I have always said, blogging has introduced me to people from across the globe. Linda is from Algeria but currently lives in Dubai with her family. Wow, Algeria – a country I know nothing about.

If you are a lover of International cuisine, then Linda’s blog is a must visit. You can really get to learn and understand more about traditional Algerian cuisine and dishes. Linda has a way with making her dishes look so delectably gorgeous; go take a look! And my favourite section of her blog – the traditional Algerian dishes.

Today, Linda brings us a batch of freshly baked, melt in your mouth almond rings sprinkled abundantly with decadent pistachios. I loved these almond rings; not only can these made in a jiffy, these are healthy and a perfect snack or tiffin-box addition for your children. I can easily see myself baking a batch of these for my ‘almond crazy’ son.

So here’s goes the recipe for Almond rings – simple yet indulgent.

In Linda’s words;

‘This recipe is from my family; we love to enjoy these little rings in the afternoon with a good “cafe au lait”. Bon Appétit.

Makes 14 rings:

1. 100g of powdered almond
2. 200g of wheat flour
3. ½ teaspoon of baking powder
4. 100g of caster sugar
5. 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
6. 2 egg yolks
7. 170g of soft butter
8. Powdered pistachio for garnish
9. 1 egg yolk for brushing

1. In a food processor add the almond powder, flour, baking powder and the vanilla sugar.
2. Mix for a few seconds, add the egg yolks and mix again to combine.
3. Finally add the soft butter.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and cover the dough with a plastic wrap.
5. Put the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
7. Flour a clean surface and roll out the dough into a long log.
8. Cut into long sticks of 15 centimetres length and 3 centimetres wide then join the two ends to form a ring.
9. Flour a cookie pan and place the rings on the top.
10. Brush the rings with egg yolk and sprinkle the pistachio powder on top.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, till the bottom turns golden; then turn off the oven and keep the rings for 10 more minutes in the oven.
12. Remove allow to cool for 30 minutes.

1 (2)

with title

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

26 thoughts on “Freshly Baked Almond Rings – Guest Post from La Petite Paniere

1. Dom Wells October 3, 2017 at 11:29 am Reply

Amazing recipe! I ran across this yesterday, and I thought I would give it a try, and it is delicious! My kids also loved it! Thanks a lot for sharing this, I am a big fan of your blog! 🙂

• vanyadhanya October 3, 2017 at 1:59 pm Reply

Thanks so much Dom; means a lot to me and so glad that all of you enjoyed it.

2. Linda Creation September 12, 2014 at 6:08 pm Reply

Yummmy yyyy

3. Nancy August 21, 2014 at 4:31 pm Reply

I’m always amazed and inspired by Linda’s delicious recipes. These almond rings do not disappoint…they sound and look fabulous!

4. Fae's Twist & Tango August 7, 2014 at 1:10 am Reply

– I love cafe au lait and especially with these almond rings. I love, love, love Linda’s blog and her creations. ❤
    – Vanyadhanya, You have a beautiful blog too! 🙂

• vanyadhanya August 7, 2014 at 4:47 am Reply

thanks Fae; it’s encouragement like this that keeps us going.

5. Chhapan Bhog August 6, 2014 at 9:31 am Reply

Lovely recipe and amazing clicks..:)

6. HostessAtHeart August 6, 2014 at 3:56 am Reply

Such a pretty little treat!

7. lapetitepaniere August 5, 2014 at 6:21 am Reply

Dhanya, I’m so glad to have had the opportunity to guest post on your blog, I was very pleased and enjoyed making this recipe for you & your blog! Have a fabulous day!

• vanyadhanya August 5, 2014 at 9:40 am Reply

The pleasure is all mine Linda; the almond rings were fabulous and my readers loved it.

8. Elaine @ foodbod August 5, 2014 at 6:16 am Reply

They look amazing!

9. Traditionally Modern Food August 5, 2014 at 3:46 am Reply

Linda, rings looks beautiful. I am sure they will fast yummmy

10. polianthus August 4, 2014 at 5:32 pm Reply

wow this looks great!!

11. sabine August 4, 2014 at 4:46 pm Reply

There´s a traditional Christmas recipe here called Vanillekipferl this pastry reminds me of – however no pistachio involved. This, pistachio, is exactly what I love about your recipe, so good!

12. lapetitepaniere August 4, 2014 at 1:25 pm Reply

Reblogged this on La Petite Panière and commented:
    Yet another guest post! My latest recipe can be found on The Spice Adventuress’s blog (formerly known as Skinny Chef De Cuisine). Her blog includes recipes from around the world (from India to the Middle East no name just a few), and also features stunning pictures. I am very happy to bring a Traditional Algerian Sweet recipe to her international blog!

13. Foodie Adam & Cookie Eve August 4, 2014 at 9:15 am Reply

Looks yumm 🙂 Thanks to Linda !!

14. Sadia Mohamed August 4, 2014 at 7:51 am Reply

This is great. It looks too good. Im sure its tastes delicious. Niice post. 🙂

15. A Home Cook August 4, 2014 at 7:13 am Reply

Oh yum. Sort of like donuts without the oil penalty. Thanks for sharing this.

16. Anu August 4, 2014 at 2:52 am Reply

Dhanya,

Did it taste eggy as I don’t use egg wash cause I feel it might be too eggy.

Thanks,
    Anu

• vanyadhanya August 4, 2014 at 7:38 am Reply

Anu, this is a guest post by Linda for my blog as I mentioned in the post. But I will ask her what you asked and get back to you.

• lapetitepaniere August 4, 2014 at 2:20 pm Reply

Anu, there is no eggy taste 🙂 Or mix the egg yolk with a little of milk. I hope it helps!