I do not believe in New Year Resolutions!
One of the biggest lessons life has taught me is to stop making plans. I have always been a fairly methodical person, organized, neat and a great maker of carefully planned to-do-lists. I am still all of these; but I have also realized, over the years, that I am very spontaneous when it comes to making decisions.
With a fiery, Arian, hot-headed personality, my decisions and actions are always spontaneous with caution thrown to the winds. All my well-laid plans for life have gone awry, either by personal choice or with destiny playing its hand.
I don’t chart my life anymore into a neat to-do-list anymore. I have learnt to go with the flow, both personally and professionally.
And when every blogger group/forum asked, ‘what is your plan for your blog in 2015?’ – I had no answer. Because I am not making any plans; The Spice Adventuress will evolve as my life unfolds this year.
One thing I would like to do is add a ‘sweet’ touch to this space though being a ‘savoury girl’ is my niche. My family wants me to learn a bit of baking; just enough for our personal needs and I might just take the opportunity or rather, the challenge and extend it to my blog.
And today, I have just done that with this refreshing, summery ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios. Again; no resolutions, no plans – but something extra that you might get to see on this space. Might…..
This ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios is just perfect to make for a novice like me. Few and familiar ingredients, simple steps and pretty much a fool-proof recipe; this dessert can be a great confidence-builder if you are starting out like me.
With the Aussie summer scorching its way into our lives, this berrylicious ice cream resplendent with white chocolate and pistachio nuts is a perfect and refreshing cooler. I love the fact that it is less sugary and I also love the flavour and texture combinations from the berries, chocolate and nuts.
The perfect summer treat for your family (and who said, you can’t eat ice cream in winter!) – luscious homemade ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios.
Ice Cream Terrine with Raspberries, White Chocolate and Pistachios
- 300 ml thick cream use any brand you wish to
- 300 gm frozen raspberries if sour, use only 200gm
- 100 gm white chocolate
- 2 eggs separated
- ½ cup icing sugar if your berries are sour, then you might need to add more sugar
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts shelled and coarsely chopped
- Thaw half the raspberries and crush slightly with a fork.
- Shave 1/4th of the white chocolate with a peeler and reserve for garnish. Finely chop the rest.
- Also reserve 1 tbsp of pistachios for garnish.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form and then gradually add the sugar, beat to mix. Gently mix in the egg yolks and the thick cream.
- Gently mix in the crushed raspberries, chopped white chocolate, pistachios and a handful of whole raspberries into the cream mixture. Do not beat, just mix.
- Spoon into a baking paper lined terrine or loaf tin and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove the tin 10 minutes before serving; unmould onto a platter and garnish with reserved raspberries, chocolate shavings and pistachios.
Oh my ! This looks so beautiful and tempting dear 🙂
Thanks much Kushi
Oh my!this is so beautiful and tempting dear 🙂
i love the colours and texture of this dessert…really mind-blowing, it took my heart away.
i have a query,what can i use as an egg alternative in this dessert
I have not made without egg so cant give you a foolproof recipe. But a friend of mine suggested condensed milk; she used it instead of eggs and gets a good result.
Yummmy one dhanya! Looks soo pretty. 🙂
Soooooooooo pretty! Uhm, am I allowed to plan to make this some time? 😉
go ahead; its such an easy one.
Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser and commented:
Nicole - Champagne and Chips
This looks lovely and fresh. I love the bright bursts of colour.
yes Nicole, this is indeed a pretty summer dessert.
Yum, this terrine looks amazing, I could dig in with a spoon right now. I don’t make resolutions either though I have decided on a word to help guide me through the year. I hope 2015 is amazing, no matter which direction it takes you in.
thanks Malinda; I will be happy if it is a peaceful year.
The Yummy Lounge