I do not believe in New Year Resolutions!
One of the biggest lessons life has taught me is to stop making plans. I have always been a fairly methodical person, organized, neat and a great maker of carefully planned to-do-lists. I am still all of these; but I have also realized, over the years, that I am very spontaneous when it comes to making decisions.
With a fiery, Arian, hot-headed personality, my decisions and actions are always spontaneous with caution thrown to the winds. All my well-laid plans for life have gone awry, either by personal choice or with destiny playing its hand.
I don’t chart my life anymore into a neat to-do-list anymore. I have learnt to go with the flow, both personally and professionally.
And when every blogger group/forum asked, ‘what is your plan for your blog in 2015?’ – I had no answer. Because I am not making any plans; The Spice Adventuress will evolve as my life unfolds this year.
One thing I would like to do is add a ‘sweet’ touch to this space though being a ‘savoury girl’ is my niche. My family wants me to learn a bit of baking; just enough for our personal needs and I might just take the opportunity or rather, the challenge and extend it to my blog.
And today, I have just done that with this refreshing, summery ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios. Again; no resolutions, no plans – but something extra that you might get to see on this space. Might…..
This ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios is just perfect to make for a novice like me. Few and familiar ingredients, simple steps and pretty much a fool-proof recipe; this dessert can be a great confidence-builder if you are starting out like me.
With the Aussie summer scorching its way into our lives, this berrylicious ice cream resplendent with white chocolate and pistachio nuts is a perfect and refreshing cooler. I love the fact that it is less sugary and I also love the flavour and texture combinations from the berries, chocolate and nuts.
The perfect summer treat for your family (and who said, you can’t eat ice cream in winter!) – luscious homemade ice cream terrine with raspberries, white chocolate and pistachios.
Courtesy – a PURA recipe
1. 300ml Pura thick cream (use any brand you wish to)
2. 300gm frozen raspberries (if sour, use only 200gm)
3. 100gm white chocolate
4. 2 eggs, separated
5. ½ cup icing sugar (if your berries are sour, then you might need to add more sugar)
6. ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled and coarsely chopped
• Thaw half the raspberries and crush slightly with a fork.
• Shave 1/4th of the white chocolate with a peeler and reserve for garnish. Finely chop the rest.
• Also reserve 1 tbsp of pistachios for garnish.
• Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form and then gradually add the sugar, beat to mix. Gently mix in the egg yolks and the thick cream.
• Gently mix in the crushed raspberries, chopped white chocolate, pistachios and a handful of whole raspberries into the cream mixture. Do not beat, just mix.
• Spoon into a baking paper lined terrine or loaf tin and freeze overnight or until firm.
• Remove the tin 10 minutes before serving; unmould onto a platter and garnish with reserved raspberries, chocolate shavings and pistachios.
Note – I have noticed that the sugar quantity needs to be adjusted based on the sourness of the berries. So taste and add more sugar if you find it necessary.