This is an OPOS recipe. Wondering what OPOS stands for? It is One Pot One Shot cooking that is currently creating a culinary stir these days. If you want to read more about this, check out the Facebook group, United by Food. If you are a newbie or hesitant cook, then this link will help you gain the culinary confidence that you are looking for.
This chilli chicken drumstick is inspired from an easy chicken dish that my mum used to make when she is really in no mood for cooking. Throw all the ingredients into a pressure cooker, give a whistle or two and open up to a delish dish.
The ingredients are few and the technique is simple, so there is nothing stopping you from trying out this spicy tangy chicken dish.
Chilli Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken drumstick skinless – 5
- Shallots/small onion – 4 sliced
- Garlic – 3 cloves crushed
- Tomato ketchup/sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup finely chopped
- Salt – to season
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the shallots and garlic. Saute for a minute and add tomato sauce and both chilli powders.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and season with salt. Mix well to combine, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Do not add any water.
- Open the PC, remove the drumsticks to a dish, reduce the liquid to get saucy consistency and add coriander leaves. Remove from flame and spoon the sauce over the drumsticks.
Thank you for the recipe. It look so delicious and I will combine it with rice.
Thanks. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Hey. This seems like such an awesome recipe and the pics are so great. In the pic it shows more than 5 drumstick pieces. Should we add more of it ? Can’t wait to make this dish
Thanks Divya. The picture actually has less than 5, its placed like that to show volume in the photograph. But the measurements provided are for 5; but as I always say do taste as you cook and adjust the spices to your preference
Thank you so much. Special thanks to you and your mom. It’s such a keeper.
Thanks Divya, glad you appreciate it.
thank you for the recipe 🙂
Can it be done w/o the pressure cooker?
sure, it can though the time taken is much more. Use a deep pan instead but you will need to add water to aid cooking.
Ha can i know wat is kashmiri chili powder? Can substitute it with something else or maybe skip it?
Kashmiri chilli powder is a variety of red chilli powder made from Kashmiri chillies. The speciality of this is that the chilli powder is a deep red colour but relatively less spicy when compared to regular red chilli powder. It is very commonly available in all stores these days both India and abroad. You can omit this and add a little more red chilli powder but the colour of the dish will not be as dark. Also make sure that you add regular chilli powder in lesser amounts than this as it is more spicy. Kashmiri red chilli powder can also be replaced with smoked or sweet paprika but there is a slight flavor difference.