This is an OPOS recipe. Wondering what OPOS stands for? It is One Pot One Shot cooking that is currently creating a culinary stir these days. If you want to read more about this, check out the Facebook group, United by Food. If you are a newbie or hesitant cook, then this link will help you gain the culinary confidence that you are looking for.
This chilli chicken drumstick is inspired from an easy chicken dish that my mum used to make when she is really in no mood for cooking. Throw all the ingredients into a pressure cooker, give a whistle or two and open up to a delish dish.
The ingredients are few and the technique is simple, so there is nothing stopping you from trying out this spicy tangy chicken dish.
1. Chicken drumstick (skinless) – 5
2. Shallots/small onion – 4, sliced
3. Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
4. Tomato ketchup/sauce – 2 tbsp
5. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
6. Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tsp
7. Coriander leaves – ½ cup, finely chopped
8. Salt – to season
9. Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
• Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the shallots and garlic. Saute for a minute and add tomato sauce and both chilli powders.
• Add the chicken drumsticks and season with salt. Mix well to combine, close the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Do not add any water.
• Open the PC, remove the drumsticks to a dish, reduce the liquid to get saucy consistency and add coriander leaves. Remove from flame and spoon the sauce over the drumsticks.
Tagged: Chicken, chicken drumstick, chicken drumstick recipes, chicken recipes, Chili powder, Coriander, drumstick, Garlic, Indian, indian recipes, one pot cooking, one pot one shot, one pot one shot recipes, OPOS, PC cooking, Poultry, pressure cooker, pressure cooker recipes, Pressure cooking