Once in a while, I like to go off the heavy pasta sauces and have it light and simple. And this is my go to dish then – the veggies keep changing but the concept is the same.
This dish is more like a warm pasta salad but a complete and fulfilling meal in itself. And a good way to get children to eat vegetables too. A pinch of chilli flakes provide the spicy edge for our Indian taste buds but you can skip it for a neutral flavour or add a dash of tomato sauce too. My kiddo likes it with the chilli flakes though.
Adi loves to take these kind of pasta dishes to school; and I am more than happy because he really enjoys the veggies when cooked this way.
1. Pasta curls – 250 gms
2. Asparagus – 1 bunch, sliced diagonally
3. Broccoli – 1 small head, cut into florets
4. Snow peas – 50gms, sliced diagonally
5. Red bell pepper – 1 small, thinly sliced
6. Red onion – 1, sliced
7. Olive oil
8. Salt – to taste
9. Pepper – to taste
10. Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
11. Dried Italian herbs – 1 tsp
• Cook the pasta in salted water till al dente. Drain and keep aside.
• In a large wok or pan, heat olive oil and add sliced onion. Saute for one minute.
• Add asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper and snow peas and sauté for another minute or two.
• Add the cooked pasta, chilli flakes, dried herbs and season with salt and pepper. Stir fry on high heat for a minute.
Tagged: Asparagus, asparagus recipe, Bell pepper, broccoli, broccoli recipes, Pasta, pasta asparagus, pasta bell peppers, pasta broccoli, pasta capsicum, pasta dish, pasta recipe, Pasta salad, pasta snow peas, pasta stir fry, Snow pea, snow peas recipes, stir fry, Tabasco, vegetable stir fry