Once in a while, I like to go off the heavy pasta sauces and have it fresh and natural. And this is my go to dish then – the veggies keep changing but the concept is the same.
This dish is more like a warm pasta salad but a complete and fulfilling meal in itself. And a good way to get children to eat vegetables too. A dash of Tabasco gives the spicy edge for my Indian taste buds but you can skip it for a neutral flavour or add a tbsp of tomato sauce to appeal to children.
1. Conchiglie (any type of pasta can be used) – 2 cups
2. Asparagus – 3, sliced
3. Broccoli – ½ cup, florets
4. Snow peas – ½ cup, sliced
5. Red bell pepper – ½ cup, sliced
6. Red onion – 1, sliced
7. Olive oil
8. Salt – to taste
9. Pepper – to taste
10. Chilli flakes – ½ tsp
11. Tabasco sauce – 1 tsp
• Cook the pasta in salted water till al dente. Drain and keep aside.
• In a large wok or pan, heat olive oil and add sliced onion. Saute for one minute.
• Add asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper and snow peas and sauté for a minute more.
• Add the seasonings.
• Add the cooked pasta and stir fry on high flame for a minute.
Tagged: Asparagus, asparagus recipe, Bell pepper, broccoli, broccoli recipes, Pasta, pasta asparagus, pasta bell peppers, pasta broccoli, pasta capsicum, pasta dish, pasta recipe, Pasta salad, pasta snow peas, pasta stir fry, Snow pea, snow peas recipes, stir fry, Tabasco, vegetable stir fry