Crunchy and delicious Coconut Crumbed Prawns is a great appetizer to serve at your next party. The tiger prawns are marinated in a spice marinade and then coated with dessicated coconut. Oven baked without any oil or air fried till tender and juicy. No one can eat just one!
Why not one last recipe before 2016 arrives, especially when we love seafood so much!
Prawns are indispensable for our summer parties, and one of our most favourite foods to throw on the barbie. But today we are having crunchy, crumbed prawns with a difference. Bye to breadcrumbs and welcome to desiccated coconut crumbed prawns.
I made a batch of these coconut crumbed prawns for a small get-together at home and everyone loved it, especially the kids. And ofcourse spices are integral to any recipe of mine, so I used a basic marinade for the prawns which boosts the flavour quotient. Not much of heat, but definitely more flavour.
This is an extremely simple recipe, very few ingredients. The prawns can be pre-prepared and kept in the refrigerator till your guests arrive. I oven baked these coconut crumbed prawns with absolutely no oil as the coconut releases a bit of oil which is enough to get a crunchy exterior. But if you wish to shallow fry, you may do so but again, very less oil.
Served with sweet chilli sauce, these crumbed prawns with desiccated coconut and spices make an absolutely delicious starter.
Wishing all of you a fantabulous 2016 and a year ahead of joy, happiness and abundant blessings.
Also, check out these delicious prawn recipes for your whole family to enjoy….
- Prawns fry with Cashewnut paste
- Grilled Prawns with Herbs and Chillies
- Pasta Fantastico
- Bengali style Prawn Curry
Coconut Crumbed Prawns
- 500 gm prawns; shelled and deveined retain a bit of the shell at the tail end
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- Salt to season
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Beat the egg well with all the spice powders.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the prawns, season with salt and keep aside for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C; line an oven proof tray with baking paper.
- Season the desiccated coconut with salt and mix well.
- Roll each prawn in the desiccated coconut for a light and even coating. Line in the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and turn sides carefully.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or till done.
- Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.