These omelette brochettes with ham, bell peppers and onions are the ultimate snack for egg lovers!
We are big time egg lovers and go through quite a few cartons every month. In fact, if its egg curry bubbling on the stove, my son would sniff it a mile away and come running all excited about dinner.
All forms of egg dishes are welcome in our home and fried runny yolk eggs are a hot favourite of the kiddo for weekend brunches. We are lucky that so far, there has been no restrictions at school too because Adi really loves egg sandwiches in his lunch boxes.
Even though there are plenty of different egg dishes I cook, I was still on the hunt for new ones especially that cater to the after-school-hunger-pangs category. With a growth spurt happening, Adi comes home from school totally ravenous and needs something really substantial. And that’s how I came across a similar recipe for Omelette Brochettes in a cookbook called ‘Mini Treats’ by Hinkler Publications.
This one’s pretty simple to make, almost like a frittata. Though I have used onions, bell peppers and ham, any combination of meats or veggies can be used depending on your preferences.
It’s a really easy and simple dish to make and one you can make in bulk which also makes it as an excellent starter choice especially for children’s parties. If you are a light eater like me, it makes a delicious lunch option too when paired with a simple green salad.
I have not used cheese in these Omelette Brochettes, somehow I don’t like the texture too much if I have to refrigerate and then re-heat it later. But I would, if I was making it for a party or to have immediately afterwards.
Do try these Omelette Brochettes out and let me know if you enjoyed it and don’t forget to tag your creations with #thespiceadventuress while posting on social media so that I can see it too. Happy cooking!
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 12 large eggs
- 1 onion; finely chopped
- 8 ham slices; chopped
- 2 mini red bell peppers; finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp parsley leaves; finely chopped reserve a bit for garnish
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs a mix of dried oregano, thyme and rosemary
- Salt to season
- Freshly milled black pepper; to season
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan forced).
- Line an oven pan (32x26cm) with baking paper. (You can also use a square or rectangle cake tin).
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chopped ham; sauté for about 2-3 minutes and then add the onions.
- Once the onions are softened and translucent, add the bell peppers. Season with salt and allow to cool slightly before adding to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the chilli flakes, dried herbs, parsley and the cooled onion ham mixture. Season with salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Pour into the pan and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or till the egg has set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before turning it out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve with your favourite sauce.
i just love omelettes and i would love to try it once
Thanks Parth; hope you enjoy it
Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful capture.
Thanks again Sumith
Love how yummy it sounds and how gorgeous this looks ?
Thanks so much; this one was such a delight to make
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
Lovely recipe this one is! Would be perfect for a lazy dinner as well…
Totally; we have been feasting on it.
I am looking for healthy options for my family.
Thanks for this! I will try this one. 🙂
Awesome; hope you enjoy it.
Yup, trying it now this weekend. 🙂
Will love to hear your feedback